Top Suggestions for Cleaning Block Paving
While it's fairly simple to take care of areas of block paving near your house, it isn't entirely maintenance free and in order to keep your paving looking its best it will require routine cleaning. There are also actions that one could use to prevent issues developing with the block paving and this can make the maintenance process much easier.
Let's take a look at the five points which will certainly help keep your drive, path or outdoor patio looking terrific for many years to come:
- Keep unwanted weeds away. Unwanted weeds won't grow over the block paving from the surface area below, but they will start to develop in the joints between the stones. Dealing with the area around the joints with herbicide, even if you're yet to discover any unwanted weeds, can help stop this issue from developing. Prevention is definitely better than cure in this case, as established weeds can be hard to move completely after they have taken hold.
- Clean the paving regularly. Regularly washing your block paving will stop it looking grubby and old. The very best method to completely clean your paving is to make up a solution of hot water and soap and to use this solution on the paving with a brush with hard bristles. These bristles will likewise help get rid of debris within the joints.
- Deal with algae as soon as possible. For those who have block paving that is made from stone, then you may encounter problems with algae, and these problems can start to show after only a brief amount of time. One of the most reliable methods to treat algae is to use regular household bleach, and this should be done as soon as you first notice the algae.
- Think about using a power washer. Making use of a power washer can truly enhance the look of your block paving by washing away all the dirt that has built up and help restore the paving to its authentic colour. This isn't a procedure that needs to be carried out too often however, since over use of power washers can damage the material that the paving is made from.
- Close up the joints of the paving. If you have a lot of issues with unwanted weeds and water entering the joints of the paving, then making use of a sealant may help. This will help protect the joints and may minimize the quantity of problems you have with unwanted weeds. It can likewise extend the life of the block paving.
Maintaining your block paving does not need to be a difficult or time consuming task, and the more regularly it is performed, the easier it will be the in the future. If you never carry out any maintenance on your block paving, in that case at some point in the future you will begin to discover that it doesn't look as good as it once did, and by the time you get to this point, it can be hard to put things right.